This page lists some resources we have found useful for learning ancient and modern Indo-European languages. ADF rituals often include key phrases (e.g., "let the gates be open") in their translated I-E language form, and the resources below should help you understand such phrases and possible even write your own!
Note: ADF will receive a referral bonus if you order from Amazon through a link on this page - thanks!
- First Steps in Old English - Stephen Pollington
- A Guide to Old English - Bruce Mitchell, Fred C. Robinson
- An Introduction to Old Irish - R.P.M. & W.P. Lehmann
- Old Irish Verbs and Vocabulary - Antony Green
- Some modern Irish sites: daltai.com
- Athenaze: An Introduction to Ancient Greek (Book I) - M. G. Balme, Gilbert Lawall
- Introduction to Old Norse - E.V. Gordon
- A New Introduction to Old Norse: Grammar - Viking Society for Northern Research (UK)
- A New Introduction to Old Norse: Reader - Viking Society for Northern Research (UK)
- A New Introduction to Old Norse: Glossary and Index - Viking Society for Northern Research (UK)
- Wheelock's Latin - Frederic M. Wheelock, Richard A. LaFleur
- Workbook for Wheelock's Latin - Frederic M. Wheelock, Richard A. LaFleur
- Vedic Reader for Students - Arthur Anthony MacDonell
- Vedic Grammar for Students - Arthur Anthony MacDonell
- Practical Sanskrit Dictionary - Arthur Anthony MacDonell, ed.
- Roots, Verb-Forms and Primary Derivatives of Sanskrit - William Dwight Whitney
- Sanskrit Grammar - William Dwight Whitney