Two Powers Active Meditation
Two Powers Active Meditation
- Begin by standing with your feet shoulder width apart and arms down by your sides. Close your eyes.
- Acknowledge the natural pattern of your breathing and heartbeat.
- Begin to control your breathing in a manner comfortable to you. I use the 4/4 measure. Breathe in to the count of four, hold to the count of four, breathe out to the count of four, hold for the count of four, and repeat.
- Start to relax your body beginning at the crown of your head and working down to your feet. Try not to focus too much on this part, as this is an active meditation. You could imagine a wave of relaxation is running over your body.
- Now, with your arms by your side turn your hands out with palms up. Slowly raise your arms until they are parallel to the ground. Then turn your hands palm down again and lift them so the tips of your fingers are pointing to the sky. This is the point where you establish the energies of the Middleworld, those that are already present.
- Now when you are ready, move your hands down back to their parallel position. Lower the arms to your side. Place your weight on the balls of your feet and begin to lower your self to a kneeling position with your buttocks on the back of your heels. Keep your hands to your side. While you are doing this, imagine your spirit moving down through the earth to connect with the powers of the Underworld.
- When you have established these energies, with your arms by your side turn your hands out with palms up. Slowly raise your arms until they are parallel to the ground. Now place your weight on the ball of your feet and begin to rise from your kneeling position. Imagine that you are carrying this energy back through the earth with you.
- When you are once again in the standing position turn your hands palm down and then raise the tips of fingers so they are pointing to the sky. Imagine the energies you have connected with from the Underworld mingling with the energies of the Middleworld.
- When you are ready lower your hands once again so they are palm down and parallel with the ground. Turn your arms so your palms now face the sky. Slowly raise your arms until they connect above your head, at the same time begin to raise yourself onto the balls of your feet so you are standing on tiptoe. Imagine your spirit moving up through the clouds into the sky to connect with the powers of the Upperworld.
- When you have established these energies, with your arms still raised turn your hands so they are still above your head but "back to back." Now begin to lower them and yourself until they are parallel with the ground and you are once again in the standing position. While you are doing this imagine you are carrying these energies back through the clouds with you.
- Move your hands once again so the fingertips are pointing to the sky. Imagine the energies of the Upperworld mingling with the other energies of the Middle- and Underworlds.
- When you are ready, lower your hands so they are parallel to the ground and begin to lower your arms to your side once again. While you are doing this imagine your spirit containing these energies. Open your eyes.
When you are ready to reverse the powers, you will perform the same task as above but in reverse order.
"Two Powers Active Meditation." submitted by TommyWatson on 15 Maio, 2019. Last modified on 19 Fevereiro, 2022.
Page URL: https://www.adf.org/pt-br/rituals/meditations/2powers-active.html
Related Pages: Meditations