Hello Hello Erin Hi Rovena How are you tonight? [Owlhawk] hello not bad. :) mom had a good day, so I'm happy Hi owlhawk That is good we had a guest for dinner *** JasonM (smuxi@afb43f9a.hsd1.ma.5aa6454b.net.hmsk) has joined #ADF evening all Hi jasonm Hello Jason How is everyone tonight? Good. :) how are you? *** ErinP (Mibbit@36921445.dsl.282eb7d8.ca.hmsk) has quit IRC [Client Quit] *** RobHenderson (Mibbit@5a79652d.hsd1.mi.5aa6454b.net.hmsk) has joined #ADF Hay Rob Do we have a topic for tonight? Hello rob *** ErinP (Mibbit@36921445.dsl.282eb7d8.ca.hmsk) has joined #ADF No it is open topic night Stupid phone keeps switching to the Play Store without warning Hi all! hello Rob! [Owlhawk] o [Owlhawk] hello If I keep relogging that's why must want to update something real bad I really don't know I'm not even touching the screen when it happens hmm that is odd yes.. Ok convenient segway, Who do people consider the God(es) of tech in their various pantheon? On the night after imbolc, a friend of mine is going through some open heart surgery... She is still in surgery Now Hephaestos, for most stuff. oh wow. May the Kindred watch over her. Good question Jason i have a candle burning for her. She'll be technically dead for 4 hrs out of the 10 hr surgery I go with Gofannon, slimier roles Rob. *** SaraKBlackwelder (Mibbit@93581b89.tampfl.fios.36f5c1fe.net.hmsk) has joined #ADF That is one I need to research more. At the moment, I think Lugh. Good evening all Evening Sara. Hello Sarah Hi Sara [Owlhawk] hello Sara Erin You will have to let us know if your friend comes back with any interesting news. [Owlhawk] I agree with Rob. Hephaestos., and sometimes Athena will do. I hope she survives So I kind of split things between Gofannan for tech and Oghma for code *** ErinP (Mibbit@36921445.dsl.282eb7d8.ca.hmsk) has quit IRC [Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client] *** ErinP (Mibbit@36921445.dsl.282eb7d8.ca.hmsk) has joined #ADF Dammit lol what are we talking about? currently patrons of Technology Tech Gods ahh If anyone has an extra candle they could light for the healing power of Bridget, I'd be much obliged It is lit thanks. She should be out of surgery around 10pm. assuming she doesn't die first. prayers sent Ty Have Faith Erin I have faith in her I'm just preparing myself for the worst so I'm not such a basket case tomorrow if it happens anyone have an idea for a Celtic tech God? Candle lit and amber offerd Tyvm :) I go with Gofannon for tech and Oghma for my code ahh ok Oghma I'd good. Is good Maybe Lugh anyone have any good books they could recommend on the Celtic gods? Lugh is a good bet as well. being just good at everything. I'm the wrong person to ask. I used to have a big book of gods :( Sadly I tend to use various online databases. I may spend way to much time online. [Owlhawk] no such thing I don't know what sources to trust ahahaha Celtic gods are more like people too varied to pigeon hole them I would agree to that Yes. I tend to start with online descriptions and then search for what ever historical references I can find. Ok The Oxford Dictionary of Celtic Gods is a good resource and inexpensive Oh Thanks! I'll look it up. Hopefully I can order it online I like books. [Owlhawk] Check Chapters. Amazon should have I will. :) ty! I've got like 3 books on the go right now. this is not a bad list to start with. http://www.joellessacredgrove.com/Celtic/deities.html Ty *** ErinP (Mibbit@36921445.dsl.282eb7d8.ca.hmsk) has quit IRC [Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client] *** ErinP (Mibbit@36921445.dsl.282eb7d8.ca.hmsk) has joined #ADF godchecker is decent as well http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/celtic-mythology.php Cool ty no problem godchecker is cool becuase it's so much more then just Celtic gods Bookmarked the pages. Ty guys yes Interesting I've not heard of godchecker before. it's kind of a cool site. easy to kill a few hours. side note, has everyone seen this. been floating around the last few days http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/FeaturesEurope/Barbarian_Map52BC.htm I'll check it out tomorrow at work.. Hehe *** ErinP (Mibbit@36921445.dsl.282eb7d8.ca.hmsk) has quit IRC [Client Quit] *** ErinP (Mibbit@36921445.dsl.282eb7d8.ca.hmsk) has joined #ADF I gotta get to bed. Ty all for the leads. :) ty again for the candles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIAc6BiD3y0 Night Erin! Night Erin sleep well Erin let us know how things go with your friend Night night night I will. :)! Night *** ErinP (Mibbit@36921445.dsl.282eb7d8.ca.hmsk) has quit IRC [Client Quit] [Owlhawk] the wife's new cookbook has a section on rabbit....this is getting me in trouble. Evening all! hay Cait [Owlhawk] hello Hope everyone had a nice Imbolc. Yes Thank you quiet. everything inside. outdoor circle is buried. We did ours a week early, if we'd schedule iy for the 1st we'd have had to cancel so that worked out. love it when that sort of stuff works out Poor Cedarsong got stuck doing it during the storm, but at least most of them live nearby. [Owlhawk] was it a bad storm? it didn't make it across the lake to us this time Ours was nice. the weather was perfect It went south of you I think, we got over 12" here and we're getting more right now. [Owlhawk] that's not horrid. so long as the plows can keep up They haven't been. We cancelled our meeting tonight, some of our members' streets still haven't been cleared. supposedly this is the snowest week on record for boston [Owlhawk] that's not good then. they are running out of places to put it here. last time we ran into this it was not good. [Owlhawk] Toronto runs into that problem. some years they bring in dump trucks and send it north Eventually they start pushing it into the harbor here. causes all manner of chaos I saw the "snow islands" in Boston on the news, they're already full and more snow is hitting in two days. yep. 2 more feet over the next 10 days [Owlhawk] sounds like they're getting our weather this year. and it's not suposed to break freezing I just want to say that Daphne has been asleep since 6......I can't even believe it [Owlhawk] is she sick? yes actually :( she's been running a low grade fever today