*** Opened channel log for #adf at 17/06/2014 10:00:17 PM [22:09] *** JasonM (AndChat501@afb43f9a.hsd1.ma.5aa6454b.net.hmsk) has quit IRC [Quit: Bye] *** Closed channel log for #adf at 17/06/2014 10:18:47 PM *** Opened channel log for #adf at 22/06/2014 2:38:57 PM [14:39] *** Mode change [+o Owlhawk] on #adf by ChanServ [14:39] Hello Owlhawk [14:39] How is the World CUp coming? [14:39] <-- brb need to get son to turn off the light ;-) [14:39] [Owlhawk] now that I got Office to register, excellent! [14:39] hey owlhawk [14:39] [Owlhawk] waiting for the next game. [14:39] [Owlhawk] Hello all [14:40] re [14:41] I think it does look like Germany is going to play against the US, or am I wrong? [14:41] [Owlhawk] Portugal vs us at 6ish my time [14:41] [Owlhawk] Algeria vs South Korea is next [14:41] We are just happy to get this far. [14:41] My husband texted me during the meeting that we should do some good mojo for Germany [14:42] [Owlhawk] I'm not sure they need the help....England a week ago would have helped [14:44] I don't know anything about soccer....... I didn't even watch when we had the world cup in Germany. Though it sure is the only time that Germans wave their flags and wear their colors and so. We do not have a national festive day for well, being German or something like that. There is the day of the "reunion" of DDR and BRD but it's not a big antional feast like in other countries. So Soccer is the only time you can see sound national pr [14:45] A lady that attended our meeting last week showed up for ritual this week so I think we have a new member although I don't think she will be ADF. [14:45] *** Roth (Mibbit@c430037f.net.9355f964.cz.hmsk) has joined #adf [14:45] Hello Roth [14:45] [Owlhawk] Germany is in good position this year. [14:45] hi! [14:45] [Owlhawk] great Rovena [14:45] hey roth [14:46] don't remember last time I used oldschool chat like this! [14:46] It has its uses [14:47] Hello Roth, welcome back! I saw you before, but you didn't answer. [14:48] :-) - We need to get new members in near Forest Wolf ;-) [14:48] Sorry my browser and than my whole machine froze gods know why [14:49] That can happen sometime. I always use sorcery.net and the go in through chat now and just put in the #adf channel and this goes rather well [14:49] And they aren't telling [14:49] But I hear that a lot that folks have problems with the chat through the adf homepage now. [14:49] [Owlhawk] I'm using Visual IRC now. Updating your java and cleaning the cache can sometimes help [14:49] so... any set topic going on here? [14:49] [Owlhawk] with using Mibbit off the webpage [14:50] true, true - forgot all those tricks for IRC [14:50] im using nettalk - its a free downloadable client [14:50] no, I have to admit, that I was a bit too busy with having a big Pagan meeting last weekend, and then the ADF Germany meeting Saturday and next weekend pagan parenting organised by me. And Eilidh will not be there until July I think. :-P [14:50] [Owlhawk] Visual IRC allows me to keep logs of each session, now I just need to remember to email them to the webmaster [14:51] But how is everyone doind in there studies and are there any questions? Worries? Inspirations? [14:52] i finished my dp back in early april, havent done much since but planning to start GSP in autumn [14:52] One essay and 3 book reviews to go [14:53] that is great Forest Wolf. Why did you decide on the GSP? [14:53] Sounds good for you Rovena - did you read the books already? [14:54] GSP will give me a good basis for guild courses or maybe the clergy path in future. [14:54] I have read about nine books I just need to write the 3 reviews. [14:55] Have one review half written [14:56] That is true Forest Wolf, and you'll have many courses already finished :-) [14:57] Wow, you read far more than you needed Rovena! [14:57] yup [14:57] Roth, are you persuing any courses? [14:57] And how is your brewing coming Owlhawk? [14:58] [Owlhawk] good. The ginger beer is bottled, the Pale ale is bottled, the Blueberry mead is bottled, the Strawberry mead is bottled. [14:58] [Owlhawk] The Cyser and the Dry mead should be bottled in a few weeks, either that or next year.... [14:58] wow blueberry mead sounds delicious! [14:59] [Owlhawk] I'll be starting a beer this week for Lughnasadh [14:59] [Owlhawk] And the Spiced Orange Mead should be ready to bottle shortly. [15:00] C'mon those sound delicious! [15:00] [Owlhawk] Thank you. The judges at Wellspring and Three Rivers thought so, as I won both. [15:00] [Owlhawk] An Orange spiced and a strawberry respectively [15:01] I'm slowly starting my DP again for too many thing with higher priority got in the way throught the time [15:01] -.- you know I realized I can only take ONE glas (little !) of mead - or any other alcohol. So I am starting to "brew" again - trying a recipe of alcohol free cherry mead (don't raise your eyebrows ;-)) [15:01] what recipes do you use for them owlhawk? [15:01] [Owlhawk] You do realize that's not mead then.... [15:02] This can happen Roth, good that you're starting again. The journey is important too [15:02] [Owlhawk] I make them up now. So much honey per gallon, same with fruit and spices [15:02] You mean it's cherry juice with honey? Yeah, you could be right. As long as I get the taste near my favorite cherry mead alls is well :-) [15:03] [Owlhawk] lol [15:03] Roth, I have been meandering through the Dp since about 2009. [15:03] nic :D [15:03] *nice :D [15:03] [Owlhawk] hence journey, not destination [15:04] true true [15:04] There is this qouestion I have: [15:05] We had a clergy at our meeting and she said it took her about 10 years for the DP until Kirk kind of made a little pressure....... and someone else said at one point she made a promise to finish her dp for date X and for every month she was overdue she would pay amount x to the grove. [15:05] Go ahead Roth: [15:06] If it ain't too personal for you folks, how does your daily devotion look like. The integration of spiritual path into daily life starts to be somehow importatnt to me. [15:06] [Owlhawk] How is Nancy enjoying her trip Ellie? [15:07] Heard similar stories, too. [15:07] My varies from day to day depending on how much time I have. [15:07] [Owlhawk] I do morning prayers each day after my shower. I'm too lazy to do a full rite, although have considered adding one each week [15:07] i struggle to do a daily devotion. i try to make sure i do one every week tho [15:07] Work days I light incense, a quick prayer, and meditate while I ride my exercise bike. [15:10] @Roth - daily: very basic: at least one mealprayer a day. Some quick standings (breathing, clapping, sounding) at the shrine. Midday connection to above and below. Food, Tea or at least fresh water to the shrine daily, but often only accompanied by one sentece. . devotionals I try weekly, but can't say it works. I sometimes really struggle doing the monthly retreat with full devotional. I miss daily meditation, but can't find the time ri [15:11] I used to try doing full rite daily long time ago. Didn't work. Now I'm sticking with 2powers/tree meditation in the morning (most of the time... ;) ) [15:11] @Owlhawk, I think she's enjoying it. Yeah, she said something about being in the brewer's Guild..... [15:12] [Owlhawk] She was at Wellsprings both years I've gone [15:16] Yesterday I had this thought about just shortly blessing the hollows and saying thanx to the kindred without any prolonged ceremony not to speak about opening the gates. It seems ot might work, for it isn't very long task. [15:16] Then do it. Even as a clergy you are not required to do a full CoOR Rite every day. You should do what feels right to you. [15:17] ;) Let's see what happens. [15:17] My favorite devotional doesn't use nearly any words at all, because after a day I've been talking to patients, talking to my kids, talking to my husband..... seriously, I just want to conect and feel and not talk (a lot) [15:17] I struggle with this perfectionism thing from time to time. It's a terrible disease. [15:18] *g* [15:22] Forest Wolf, do you have something connecting you with the Kindred you do daily? [15:23] not at the moment, mostly thats down to lack of self discipline though. i need to develop something. [15:24] BTW, if anyone here didn't know what to do with time, there is a druid gathering in CZ in slightly more than a week from now. [15:25] [Owlhawk] CZ? [15:25] Czech republic [15:25] [Owlhawk] ah [15:25] ;) [15:26] that granade-hole somewhere 'round Russia or sumfin' ;) [15:26] [Owlhawk] my next planned trip is Kaliedoscope Gathering, located at Raven's Knoll, just outside Ottawa [15:26] [Owlhawk] lol [15:26] [Owlhawk] I've never been to Europe. [15:27] I toured the British Isles in January of 1974 but that was the last time I was out of the country [15:27] I see. [15:27] [Owlhawk] I was just starting to walk at that point... [15:28] July 5? [15:28] or was it the week after? [15:29] July 3 if I'm not mistaken [15:29] oh damn, forget it, both weekends are already planned :-( (as the trip to England in June didn't happen and I start a new work in July there could have been a chance) [15:29] July 3 is a Thursady? [15:29] tuesday [15:30] from tuesday night to the weekend [15:30] Are going to be there? [15:32] wrong month in my calendar... lol [15:32] it's from wednesday night (July 2) [15:32] yes definitely [15:33] Wow that is a long meeting! Yeah but it's that weeekend with transcultural psychotherapy I need to attend......:-( [15:33] Damn or it's the money, or it's the time. [15:33] know that feeling [15:34] Roth; I just realized that I don't know from which country you are? [15:34] Czech [15:34] :-D [15:35] you're Deutsch, aren't you? [15:35] Yes [15:35] If I understood correctly it will be an OBOD ADF meeting? [15:36] friend of mine (he lives in UK currently) organises this Druidcamp [15:37] Right, Erik :-) [15:37] He advertised it on the ADF Europe group [15:38] It's a meeting started by that friend of mine few years ago. He's (emeritus at the time) member of our druid group here in CZ that is basicaly ADF, but this gathering is pan-druid to say. [15:38] eUrik [15:38] ;) [15:39] his name is Petr - nickname is Eurik. But I think he wouldn't mind the misspeling. ;) [15:40] You're right, that's his name. I'm sorry. [15:40] don't be! [15:40] ;) [15:41] You know he told me about many folks in CZ doing "basically" ADF stuff, but we actually don't have so many members - I always wondered why, Do you have an idea? [15:41] any idea of what? ;) [15:42] Well CZ doesn't have so many ADF members, but there seems to be quite some folks doing ADF stuff in CZ. Even Morgana from PFI told me about it. [15:43] So why was wondering if there is a reason we don't actually have so many members. Maybe other countries have similar things... [15:49] Well... [15:49] I can speak only from what I know [15:51] There seem to be 2 things: First of all money. I was paying meber for barely two years and then I just didn't have a buck to spare, which is changing right now thank the kindreds. [15:52] [Owlhawk] If that happens again, speak to your regional Druid. They can help with that sometimes. We do have compasionate memberships that can be made available, but only when someone applies for it. [15:55] thank you Owlhawk, I wanted to point that out too. :-) And your RD would be me ;-) [15:55] But I'm glad to hear that it looks like it will get better for you financially. [15:55] [Owlhawk] Congrats to you. It came up during the regional meeting at Three Rivers [15:56] The second reason is a little more complex. If I put it in the easiest way, many people don't feel any need to be part of some organisation to practice their spirituality neither they wish to proceed to some scholarly programs. ESPECIALLY than of oversea organisation with virtualy no elders anywhere near and "nothing" going on around... [15:57] Thanx Ellie-Ishtar [15:57] [Owlhawk] I'm off to play with the bbq. it's been fun. [15:57] [Owlhawk] I'll leave this open so I can send in the log for posting on the website. [15:58] The newest generation as a whole doesn't feel the need to belong to organizations [15:58] Roth, I can totally relate to that. I myself didn't join when I first found out about ADF because it was unknown in Germany and there was no community. [15:59] And in this second reason we actually get back to the financial aspect. Many peaple just don't see a reason to pay for something that doesn't do anything for them on practical basis. If they don't want to do the DP or other courses, what's the meaning of being registered member. [15:59] We are trying to build that now though, but it will probably take some time. As for elders, well I guess at one point the "builders" will be the elders. [16:00] Thats the case with the whole pagan comunity here in CZ [16:01] We get the tendency of people not wanting to belong to organizations and associations too. Although I have the impression that before authorities you don't get far without it. I actualy explicitely was looking for something international. But I can as well see the other point. [16:03] That's why I still do consider myself an ADF member. Because I want that thing to grow here. [16:04] BTW, is there a chance of learning who is currently a member of ADF here in CZ. [16:05] That is a wonderful thing to say. I can imagine others still feeling connected to. It is difficult to build a community nearly "from scrap" within another country. [16:06] I can do that, but the information is only sharable. Tell you what, I talk to the person who is currently a member that he should get in touch with you? woudl that be ok`? [16:06] Because for example Noira, a girl who was probably the first czech member of ADF and the first one to finish her DP doesn't consider herself a druid anymore and doesn't do anything ADF related for years now. [16:07] That would be nice. ;) [16:09] I know, she isn't a member anymore, but I did get to talk to her. :-) [16:10] Cool. Didn't see her for ages. She was always somehow cryptic, though. [16:11] But I think we have one new member who joined in last few weeks I think. Yay! :D [16:12] There is this question that might sound somehow evil, but it's a valid one if we want to grow outside Northern America. [16:12] yes, there are three members in Cz. I will talk to the one who is the longest member [16:12] Go ahead [16:13] That member. Is it Filip? [16:13] That is the evil question? [16:13] nope [16:14] I just first wanted to clarify the first thing [16:15] The (maybe former?) members I know about are Filip Airis Kubín, Petr Eurik Gilar, me, maybe Tereza Hrníková and Veronika Štepánová. And the new guy. [16:16] And Noira of course. [16:16] if the member would be someone from your list, would you prefer me to talk to someone elseß [16:16] ß=ß [16:17] ß=? I mean ;-) [16:17] Well don't take the trouble. If there is anyone of them still a member I can talk to them personally. All one group. ;) [16:18] But back to the evil question, shall we? [16:18] So... [16:19] Ok, then it's settled ;-) [16:19] What is the point of paying to the oversea central anyway? [16:19] *shivering* [16:19] Apart of the obvious reason for undertaking some of the courses. [16:21] Might sound stupid, but I really don't know what to answer, when I'm asked this question. Which actually happens from time to time. [16:22] An international organization has to have a central headquarters somewhere. [16:23] If the headquarters were in Europe then the Asian and American regions would be asking the same question [16:23] The *shivering* should have come before the question........ ;-) that was me shivering for the question - which actually is really good one [16:25] Rovena put it done well. And it's actually not ADF America that you are paying, but ADF INTERNATIONAL. [16:25] Getting the publications translation into more languages would help reduce the feeling of it being international [16:26] I know that. I speak, read and write in English and I want to undertake the courses. [16:26] Yes, that is what we are trying. Do you do rituals in English too? [16:26] But the folks who don't, they tend to ask this the most. [16:27] At the meeting in Germany we had this weekend, for example we started talking about people being able to do the DP in German and German reviewers - we have two persons in Germany that finished the dp and could become reviewers. [16:28] We do rituals in Czech (and a little Gaulish) [16:28] Though on the Druidcamp we mix English, Czech and German most of the time. [16:29] German? Oh, I so should go there :-( [16:30] Yes, you should. ;) [16:31] We started a bit more on doing translations and as well publishing original stuff. Some of them are now being synchronized with the official homepage. But it will still take a while until Germans will be able to have an official ADF homepage in German. But the seeds have been planted [16:31] Cool. [16:31] I really do believe as Rovena said, that getting more translations and publicaions will help. [16:32] Hopefully! [16:32] For example: I have a German Pagan Homepage and started publishing and talking about ADF there [16:33] I use original ADF CoOR rites written by me and things from my CTP-Prelim to explain a few things. [16:33] The translated stuff I put on there I always ask the original author for permission. [16:34] that has doubled the German members (and we didn't have such a community as you seem to have in Czech now already). We are still not that many, but clearly growing. [16:35] Also within the German Pagan community, while the rite hasn't been done in the end because of quarrels, I was asked I would participate at a Pan Pagan rite representing ADF. [16:37] Still many don't know about it or have the wrong ideas, but slowly..... [16:38] Fast as a spreading oak. [16:39] :-) [16:39] ;) Yep. [16:40] Slow growth is the rule, I think. I know it is here in Louisiana and we don't have the language problem [16:40] Though by what I hear there seems to be a already a community in CZ, the question maybe is more about getting them to make a more binding relationship. Although the money certainly is the other question [16:40] I think most started slow and small, but some have a few years or even decades of a headstart [16:41] Well I think that ADF here took advantage of few talented people and the fact, that other druid-ish goups here either don't work at all or (as in the case of czech OBOD) are new-aged crypto-christians [16:43] Even the biritsh OBOD office distances itself from some of their claims. [16:46] Every country has a bit of an own flair and there is great freedom within OBOD. I sometimes realize in talking to another ADF member who is in England i nOBOD the differences between OBOD UK and OBOD Germany [16:47] But this all does mean, that you have a real chance to build a community in CZ - and if you find good arguments why join, even better! [16:47] I know that OBOD is very liberate in many things and I like it. But the CZ group turned a bit wierdo. [16:48] I do hope in it. [16:49] I think being a member is more of an engagement, more of a binding relationship. For the money, really, there is a possibility to apply for help if really needed. But people need to know about it and be willing to ask for it. I can imagine that some folks are not as open as you Roth and might feel (falsely!) ashamed to have to ask. [16:51] I think that as the community grows older and we're not almost entirely barely working students anymore, the amount of money would'n be the main problem. [16:52] But the question of "what in return for the money" will remain. [16:54] What are the real ways ADF International can support the people who would be willing to do stuff in Europe? Is there any chance for financial support for the translating or publishing of the material for example? [16:56] Just to add to the community part: We have a more or less well working group here. Mostly private stuff but we organize the High Days rituals that are puplic or semi-public most of the time. [16:58] No, there is no financial support for the translating of publishing of the material. It's all done voluntarily [16:59] there is the grown structure you can be a part of that is well organized. I don't know about other Pagan organisations in CZ, but I haven't seen one so well organised as ADF. Usually you get Orders that are based on one person who may or may not be a good leader, but often you don't get to vote your leaders. I believe ADF to be very democratic and flat in hierarchy [16:59] Most everything is done by volunteers as there is very few paid staff. [17:00] and the paid ones don't get much [17:00] I thought so. ;) [17:00] For example the email lists are all connected to a new forum now, I think that quite a luxury. of course all is in English now - but with enough members in one language, I'm sure appeals could be made to have a list for members speaking a specific language [17:01] But I'm still unable to formulate some meaningful answer to the question. [17:01] You are part of something bigger than you, your local group and your country [17:02] For the authorities, only pagans who are organised in some kind of organisation, associaiton are actually counted as a figure. [17:03] So by showing up as a "number" you show more than someone being totally solitary. A growing number of pagans at one point leads to more acceptance [17:03] We have this Czech Pagan Society, that does this. ;) [17:03] that is really good - and you can always be part of multiple associations (I am too ;-)). [17:04] Me too. I used to be part of it's council. [17:04] My personal believe is that being international is something bigger. When I talk to Christian friends, it does make a difference when I tell them that ADF is international [17:05] http://pohanskaspolecnost.cz/ (CZ only though) [17:05] ps: Forest Wolf, Owlhawk, you still with us? [17:06] It also makes a difference showing for exampel how the clergy is trained and that it is not *sarcasm on* Highpriest XY who decides on a whimp that I should get initiated into priesthood *sarcasm off* [17:07] I don't really want to look like I'm trying to make some trouble. It's just that I personally don't know what to do with that and what to thonk about that, not to speak of answering this question to others. [17:07] Owlhawk left for another engagement [17:07] YOu need to have a place to talk these things out. [17:07] When I should that we have Groves with buildings (Cedar light) or the sanctuary Kirk built it makes a different [17:08] Roth, I'm really glad you bought this up and it is such an important topic. I'm sure it's not only in your country, but as well in others where this question comes up. [17:09] maybe it could be even something to talk about on one of the lists to get more peoples ideas on this? [17:10] To me at least it doesn' t look like your making trouble, it's a very essential question. [17:10] :) [17:10] ADF - now - simply gives you so much more when you write and read and talk English [17:11] Amen. :D [17:11] The rest needs to be built - and it is probably harder on the builders in all of the countries that when you come and the dp has already been translated. [17:11] We American tend not to speak other languages so we are handicapped when it comes to helping out [17:12] I see. [17:12] But I've found the community very supportive and there has really been a greater international awareness. [17:13] Also, there actually is the travelling clergy program. And obviously you need to do the maths, but maybe it would be worthwhile thinking about getting some "elder" to CZ [17:14] One girl here once had this idea - how about making some european division of ADF? Wouldn't it help? [17:14] What would this division do that the Region couldn't do? [17:15] I din't think so back than, but I don't really know. [17:15] My words almost exactly. [17:15] The stuff still would need to be translated. [17:16] But it reflects (if nothing else) the difficulty of folks here to even relate to something so-far-away-based. [17:16] I mean at one point there could be a dicsussion about different representants, e.g. different deputies. [17:17] I think a big step really would be translations and rituals and get them published. There probably is already something around. [17:18] Well Airis is trying to do something I believe. But it isn't an easy task. [17:19] For the contacts: this si just brainstorming ok, I haven't talked nor to the councisl of regional druids, nor to the mothergrove, so this really is just MY PERSONAL idea. But I was thinking that probably for Europe because we are essentially different countries, at a certain membershipnumer in one country it would make sense to have at least a regional druid deputy for that country. Which eventually could result in multiple deputies. [17:20] Does make sense indeed. [17:20] For Germany we were thinking of at one point - with more members - founding an association of ADF, to give it a legal basis, because that is within the vision of ADF [17:21] We then will have to create ties and structures with the Mother Grove. [17:21] Seem like a nice vision, for it looks doable. [17:21] Again - we will address this when the time is ready. There are some efforts now to get ADF legally recognized in Canada [17:21] I am a regional deputy druid for the Cenral region because I am in the southern part and the Regional Druid I 3 states aways in the north. [17:22] :) [17:22] :-) yes, that does make perfectly sense. But have there ever been multiple deputies? because I thought there was always only one deputy? [17:23] Every country has different church laws. In Germany, we don't have a recognition as a church, we only have a legal entity that can be created. [17:23] I don't think there is a rule on it. I am the first deputy Central Region has ever had. I don't see I problem with multiple deputies especially when dealing with multiple nations [17:24] But back to canada..... that would mean ADF would be recognized in two different countries. [17:24] Would be cool. [17:25] To my knowledge, until now there is only one pagan organisation who has been recognized by two different governments in two different countries - which would be Wicca Celtiberia (recognized in Spain and Portugal). [17:26] Now being within an international organization that aims at being recognized in different countries is a huge thing, because you can meet other religions a bit more on "eye-level" [17:26] Yes it does that and that is importatn in getting accepted [17:27] Rovena, I ask if it becomes necessary. I believe the only country it would make sense right now is Britain. [17:27] So this is all a good reason to join, although you will have to be a part of the builders [17:27] But unless someone starts with the foundation it won't get anywhere [17:29] Here in CZ there are several levels of religious organizations. And if you have 300 certified subscriptions you can be registered as basic "religious society". [17:29] Rovena, I mean I ask on the list when it there are enought members in England - though I'm not sure when enough is enough..... [17:30] No problem I am just throwing out ideas. You know your Region and what will work there [17:30] How many members are actually in the UK? [17:30] we have 19 members now in England [17:31] And Germany? [17:31] 9 [17:32] And do you know how many does it display in Czech republic? [17:32] we would have the minium (7) for an association, but I would like to have a bit more...... [17:32] makes sense. [17:32] 3 [17:33] But I'm not going to tell you the names ;-P [17:33] and those are the paying members? [17:33] I know all of them anyway ;) [17:33] it only shows paying members [17:33] The past members where more [17:33] 3? [17:34] Than it's obvious. :) [17:34] :p [17:35] Does it show the past members too? [17:35] We were 3 German members when I joined - and one left, but I think we already had a 4th member by then [17:36] For what I wonder is, how many individuals were mebers through the years. [17:37] BTW, when I finish my DP. Who am I going to send it to? [17:37] a few more [17:37] :D [17:37] You just send it in through the form and you will be assigned to a reviewer [17:38] I know, me inluded. [17:38] and don't be baffled - the reviewers are not yet so used about folks with English as second langauge sending in DP, so you might get a question or two ;-) [17:39] It's 7 people in our ADF-ish group now. [17:39] *scared* [17:39] There is a link on the ADF web site for submissions. [17:40] Wow, if you all would join CZ will be the 3rd strongest country in Europe ;-). [17:40] And from those 7 I'm sure only with 2 of us that we were/are members [17:41] Question, how much do people pay for the Christian Church? [17:41] In Cz [17:42] In Germany, if I were a member of the Christian Church I would nearly pay monthly what I pay in ADF for a year! [17:42] No idea really. Each church is donated voluntarily by atendants and than there is this ugly thing, that large recognised churches get some money from the state. [17:42] Yeah, we have that too. [17:43] It has been truly fascinating to talk to you Roth. Thank you for bringing up these questions. [17:44] Maybe I can soon welcome you back as your regional druid? [17:44] Glad to participate tonight. [17:44] And thanks for all the answers! [17:44] please come again :-) [17:45] and if there is a problem concerning the money, do get in touch with me (for you or someone else) [17:45] I usually don't make it soon enough in sunday evening [17:45] but as I can see now, it lasts few good hours here. [17:46] ok - wenn sometimes we are here longer, but usually not that long - or at least I'm often off at 9 so not sure how many stay longer...... [17:46] So I probably could make it sometime soon [17:46] I see... [17:46] But we are friends in FB, so you can contact me there as well and you can also use the ADF Europe FB group to chat. [17:46] True. :) [17:47] Not sure you know, but the Emailist ADF Druidry and the Regional lists (ADF Europe) are open to the public [17:47] One last question [17:47] So even not a member now you can participate there [17:47] Are they? Didn't know that! [17:47] Thx! [17:47] Yes me neither, until an ex-member posted something and then I asked ;-) [17:48] To the question. What are yours hearth cultures? [17:48] Scottish [17:49] Mine is Pan-Celtic trying with more gaulish, but kind of still knowing more about welsh and irish Gods with a dash of Germanic and a pinch of Slavic [17:51] Mine (and of my group) is Gaulish with a little Slavic and other-Celtic flavour. [17:52] It's easier to tap into the Gaelic sources, for they are written and much more preserved. [17:53] But I do enjoy the proces of reconstruction (not only) for it's side effect is, that it helps the thing reactualise. [17:53] Yes it does, but it takes time. And I connect better through stories [17:54] anyway, guys, need to go, have patients tomorrow and even start earlier at work.... o.O and have to sign myself in for my favorite room..... [17:54] Roth, hope to see you again. [17:54] Surely! [17:55] Thanx for everything. [17:55] Take care [17:55] Man it's midnight already! [17:55] Rovena, Forest wolf, hope it was ok for you two [17:55] I enjoy learning from y'all [17:55] Have a good night folks! [17:56] Well actually Rovena, I think you put in the reasons so cleary and straightforward at the beignning :-) [17:56] Til next we meet [17:56] Glad to be of small service [17:56] So we learned from you too - and all your inputs are no small service! [17:57] Sleep well all of you and sweet dreams! [17:58] *** rovena (rovena@6ca5ecc2.a55580.67.143.imsk) has quit IRC [] [17:58] *** Ellie-Ishtar (webchat@d1ee97d3.pools.b8b21294.net.hmsk) has quit IRC [Quit: Page closed] [17:58] G'nite! [17:59] *** Roth (Mibbit@c430037f.net.9355f964.cz.hmsk) has quit IRC [Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client] [19:48] *** ForestWolf (forestwolf@473dc853.f4492566.net.hmsk) has quit IRC [Quit: Nettalk6 - www.ntalk.de] *** Closed channel log for #adf at 22/06/2014 8:04:38 PM