Chat by Mibbit.com #ADF (3) : The same thing that happens every night Pinky! : lol : I have to get the Cheesy Poofs off my fingers so I can type with two hands... : YAH - Try to make the world more CANADIAN : lol : And a nice thunder storm here! Man that was loud! : that's Craneadian... : I love Canada. Seriously considering moving there in a few years if I can make it work. : awesome Brendan : Never been, on my bucket list of must dos! : We like it. Better beer for one thing! : I spent a lot of time in Ontario growing up. : : I've never been. would like to sometime : I emigrated to Canada when I was 8. : I loved my visit to Canada, would love to go back : You should! We've got lots of fun Groves and people! And health care. And gay marriage. : Welcome Durham : yeesh...place is packed! : Those are some of the reasons I want to live there LisaWM! : Last time I dropped in there were just a couple of folk : There is always room for one more : : It is a great place to be. Except in the winter, too cold... and in the spring, too many mosquitos, and the summer, too damned hot, and the fall, too ... actually fall is nice, you should totally come in the fall. : I miss health care, loved being in Europe : Every night is different : it's nice when lots of people are here : Canada in the fall is awesome. : my favourite season : LOL! MichelDaw you just described where I grew up near the Mackinac Bridge between Upper and Lower Michigan. : It's all the Lisa awesomeness that makes it seem more full than usual : keep in mind we had 15 to 20 foot snow banks this winter. : I love the fall....alas it's too green here then : And PA...there is no spring, just soggy damp and then yucky hot. : Yup, we have more L(ee/i)sa per square meter than any other chat room, except the ones with four. : but PA gets more spring than we do... we go from Frozen North to really hot... at least lately : I big red <3 you, Michel : lol : That's what happened here too, this year, but then there is never enough spring for me...or fall for that matter : I LOVE the Fall... my favourite time of year : Mine too!! : sweaters and boots and crashing through leaves... love it : Welcome Sean : jealous lol : Right there with you! : good evening' : hey Sean! : Hello Sean : hello Sean : SEAN!!!! : how's everyone doing? : LEES!!! : doing ok here. : 'S e Sean a th' ann! : peachy keen : Hi Sean : tri-leeisa-chat : Hi Brendan : Sean!! "Where everybody knows your name..." : lol : what are we talking chatting about tonight? : open chat : It was you but now your here so we need a new victim : : LOLs! Rovena : As long as we are talking about L(ee/i)sa : : the Cult of the Lee/i/sas : no doubt. : It is not the quantity or your Lee/i/sas but the quality . . we win on than count as well : I am sensing an Order in the making : yes! : lol : Ok, cheesy poofs cleaned off the fingers, now I can type... : Down here we would form a Krewe : Is that like a Crew? : What kind of mission statement would we have... the thought of it is a little scary, no? : A Krewe forms to create a Madri Gras Parade : Ooooh, then we could throw beads! : woo beads! : I love beads! : BEADS - wait, there is a way of earning beads isnt there? : enough DAW : yes there is : hah : damn straight htere is : and we would make you earn them : don't encourage him!! : I am innocent (.)(.) : lmao : o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o : of murder and high treason, yes. : there are your beads : Those are eyes : no one who knows you would ever believe that you are innocent! If they do I can convince then otherwise. I have 28 years worth of stories! : lmao : lol : He may not be guilty but he is definitely not innocent : lol : whew I think she's snoozing now : good. sleep is good. : Sleep is the best medicine : I started that one didn't I, I'm sorry Pam... well, not really : yes it is! : Like I need encouragement. : no need to apologize LisaLea... : He needs no encouragement LOLs : But he does enjoy it : Damn skippy : Welcome Sara : switching from the phone to the computer now. ") : : So question - Pam and I are currently reading the Complete Idiots guide. Has anyone else read it as part of their DP? : to paganism? yes, I found it fun : Idiots guide to what : Yes. : To Paganism : fun is the word... : I have. I liked it. I am in the minority in my area... : I own it, but didn't use it for the DP : i like the idiot's guide books....they are good intro books : we are listening to it as an audiobook and yelling at it at times : I believe Brendan read that book : It is a bit Wicca slanted but good for newbies : Were you guys aware that he converted to Catholicism after writting it? : no. I don't even know who wrote it. : There are apparently some glaring errors for some people, but I found it to be great for what it was... : http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2005/09/After-The-Magic.aspx : i did read that one : Carl McColman : I use it as a spring board for topics : We will "read" it and then write about it. I guess my problem is I am not a "newbie". It's all good though. I will take what I get from it and then leave the rest. : I plan on using that little tidbit in my DP review. : Mine is a copyright 2002, so it's prolly time for a new version... : http://detroitdruid.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-review-modern-paganism.html : I do that with everything... take what I can use and leave the rest : That is the only version : i read complete idiots guide but i didn't use it : i ripped this book apart pretty bad in my review : But, but, but... Lees... page 265 has SCRYING! : sorry someone is at the door... : I didn't mind it. I just used something else : SCRYING!! : I'm going to get going everyone. it's always fun to drop by and say hi to you all. : We are j : Take care til net time : jetting too : Talk to you later, Sean : Apparently, I have called to the other room to catch up on Penny Dreadful... so I will bid you all adeiu and bonne nuit : peace everyone : Good night Sean, Michel and Pamela : goodnight : And Lisa : does anyone with an android phone have an organizing app they love? : bye lisalea : organizing what? : have dumb phone : app : i know to organize what? : lol oops....sorry....tasks, to-dos, checklists, calendar....life in general : I just use all of Google's stuff, though for tasks I use the app Gtasks which isn't official google, but syncs with your Google calendar tasks etc. I tried Keep but, meh. : Sorry if what I'm saying doesn't make sense. I'm exhausted and am only awake because Nathan isn't home yet. : my husband mentioned keep. it makes sense. I think I'm just trying to simplify between the work calendar, my own, and keep everything together : and one place for all that would be better : I have a lot of different "calendars" that all have their own colours on my google calendar. Work is purple, personal is green, devotionals are yellow, etc. : Nathan and I also subscribe to some of each other's calendars so he knows my work schedule, etc. : That's a good idea for the devotionals getting their own calendar. : it's not one that had occured to me : Then, when you're looking at your calendar on a computer, you can turn some calendars "off" and only view certain ones at a time. : Well, I've got a flametending shift, I have to do the CTP devotional rite, and household rites for Lit Practicum 1, etc., so putting them all on their own calendar helps. : so true. I use google for my calendar, and my work one syncs to my phone.....I think I just need to split up my calendars more to keep different types of things on track : yeah, that's a busy schedule : do you put all the times you want to do work on the calendar LisaWM? : Like ADF coursework? : Not currently, but I will be. My work situation was... a little screwy, to say the least, so all my coursework was on hold. : As was going to the gym. : yes sorry : Now that it seems to be relatively settled, and I know that I won't have a consistent schedule at work, I'm going to have to schedule time for ADF coursework and the gym. : well I've come to the firm realization that I really need to schedule my time more and give myself certain days to do certain things.....granted that is also working around the kiddo. : But with all the things I"m trying to juggle, if I don't at least attempt it, I loose things in the cracks : I currently do morning prayers each day, but that's it for regular, non high day rites/workings : much easier to keep track off : I do my CTP lit practicum, trance, and discipline work.....plus I need to schedule study and writing time : I know what that feels like, Sara. : I do morning devotionals too, but that's not on the calendar : I'm also a contract worker, so my schedule is everywhere : Maybe I need to take a page from you two and start scheduling work, so I actually do some : morning devotionals are pretty solid to happen. : i suck at all the organizing things : oh gods, if I don't schedule I work ALL the time and that is just not cool : morning devotionals yes althoughthe last few mornings i have been distracted and they did not happen : I am also on contract : ... still. : this mornings devotional didn't happen until after I bottled two carboys of mead. : I at least try to do a quick hello in the morning while I make coffee : which was at 3.... : Morning devotions I'm okay at. Evening devotions? That's something entirely different. : in the morning? : no pm. just before I bbqed supper. : those are tough for me.....because I am usually so tired by the time Daphne goes to sleep I fall out soon after : I had to take a carboy of mead to the brew shop for carbonating this am so I was distracted. : but that is when I get my good work done. I try to squeeze devotional work into nap times if I'm not working....that helps the tired : ifi don't hae something to do i'll sit on the internets all day and watch tv : hence...now : Hey, you are talking to the cool kids right now, that counts as something to do : But yes, the internet is a timesink for me : for us all I think : That's why things like this exist -- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/strict-workflow/cgmnfnmlficgeijcalkgnnkigkefkbhd?hl=en : lol nice : An internet blocker for your internet. It blocks out whatever sites you tell it to, so you can't dick around when you're supposed to be working. Then it rewards you with a break. : I used to do morning devotionals, which were more meditations…then I started staying up too late at night enjoying the peace and quite of a house with all the kids asleep. : interesting. might look into it. : I've used it before. it drove me nuts, but I guess that meant it was working : lol : I really have been trying to find a good way to stay on track of my SP work....it usually falls to the last right now, and I don't like that : I haven't done any SP work in ages. I always put my own stuff last, and my wonderful CTP first circle schedule is now absolutely destroyed. : I get that! I was trying to make myself a good schedule, but it just hasn't gelled yet : Being RD, and SD, and our Grove's liturgist, and host of our pub moot, and on the pagan pride committee, and running Three Rivers.... there is literally no time for me. : I just worked 8 8-hour days in a row, because I took extra hours at work because $$ and had to switch shifts so I could go to Three Rivers. : will that blocker work with chrome? : Yeah, I use Chrome : cool. art had sent me a link for one but it as for firefox : yup....I get that. I still haven't quite figured out even what to do as RD yet.....not really a manual : I've been doing this for three years and I still don't feel I know what I'm doing. : i could use it at the office. i need ot buse the internets but it's like "i could totally have facebook open in another tab that won't suck my time will it?" : not at all! : Facebook? Suck time? Neverrrrr : heh : Wait, two years, I can't math. : I think... actually I have no idea now. : Lisa, that's likely a sign that you're doing something right. Doubt is healthy : lol it's all good : : I also want to get all my grove and RD stuff better laid out.....organization.....such a great skill that is just not taught! : it's like taking good notes and researching wasn't taught when I was in school : Nathan's home, so I'm out. Have a good night, all! : good night lisa : Good night. : good night! : and thanks! : : i believe i shall be out too : yup, as am I, have a great night all! : good night Leesa and Sara : good night : I am already past my bedtiome so I will skate as well. : night : I’ve been distracted most of the night. I think I’ll turn in also. Have a good evening Owlhawk. : you too